This is an accessibility statement from VisitLanarkshire
Measures to support accessibility
VisitLanarkshire take the following measures to ensure accessibility of VisitLanarkshire
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Make continued efforts to ensure the website remains accessible as far as possible in our routine maintenance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. VisitLanarkshire is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
There was no additional accessibility consideration added.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of VisitLanarkshire. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on VisitLanarkshire:
- E-mail: Info@visitlanarkshire.com
- Postal Address: Civic Centre, Windmillhill Street, Motherwell, ML1 1AB
We try to respond to feedback within ten business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
VisitLanarkshire is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- We expect our users to be using the latest versions of freely available browsers on their devices. For example Google Chrome on Windows PC or Safari on Apple Mac or Default Browser on Android mobile phone.
VisitLanarkshire is not compatible with:
- We know of no incompatible environments. This website is designed to work on all platforms and devices.
Accessibility of VisitLanarkshire relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of VisitLanarkshire, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for VisitLanarkshire:
- Some of the pages have a map with 'popover' images. There is no discernible label on these markers, however, the is a hidden label added for screen readers. This will cause a 'critical' error on automatic accessibility testers.
- The arrangement of the landmark elements in the header of the website is complex. This means that adhering to a strict landmark element hierarchy is not possible on some pages. This is a minor issue that will not obscure the user experience, but rather enhance the experience with a mega-menu design, which allows for easy navigation around the website.
- The Instagram feed have images that sometimes do not show their links with discernible text, using the image instead. This is an external plugin-in that we cannot change.
VisitLanarkshire assessed the accessibility of VisitLanarkshire by the following approaches:
Other related evidence for VisitLanarkshire is available at:
- https://axe.deque.com/ what is this?
Please contact us using: firstname.lastname@example.org
This statement was created on 29th November 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.