Forth is a small village in South Lanarkshire with a population of around 3,500 people.
The village of Forth is situated near Lanark in Clydesdale and is surrounded by the smaller settlements of Climpy, Braehead, East Hinshelwood, Wilsontown, Harelaw, Mossplatt, Tashieburn, Auchengray and Shodshillmill.
The village is believed to have taken its name from 'the open air'. Employment was based on weaving, which was later replaced by ironstone, limestone and coal mining.
The parish church was built in 1875 with stone quarried from nearby Hailstonegreen Quarry. The garage on the main street still stands in the same spot as where it was opened in 1926. There used to be a Railway Station in nearby Wilsontown, built in 1867, however, this was closed in the 1950s. Forth gala day still runs today when the 'queen of heather' is crowned.